Digital transformation initiatives cover the entire spectrum of technology, but at their core they centre on replacing paper-based process with modern digital alternatives.
Digital Transformation (DT) in the Workplace
Digital transformation saves an average of 528 hours per employee cost per year
Freeing your employees from paper-based process touchpoints such as printing, copying, and scanning paper documents, to automating document-based routines (such as the filing of expense reports), helps to create a more agile, efficient and secure workplace, with enhanced risk mitigation in respect of regulatory compliance.
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION EXPLAINED
Digital Transformation is the all-encompassing drive to automate business processes and to reduce paper-based routines. It can even include using social media for marketing, data analytics, through to offering new digital products and services via digital channels. As a whole, you should define its goals as being to help your employees to work more efficiently through removing the legacy processes which stifle their productivity.
Digtial transformation: start at the root of the problem by digitising data collection, and automating your staff’s data-related work
Digital Workplace Transformation
We focus on the workplace to highlight that your digital transformation journey should commence with simply digitising your data collection activities.
Digitising documents frees up space, saves time finding documents and, critically, it supports the mobile workforce. Being more secure than loose papers, once digitised, you are mitigating on of the most common critical risks in respect of your enterprise business continuity planning.
By careful deployment of Cloud and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology, you can boost productivity and save time. By managing documents digitally and automating data-related work, training and customer service, you’re building a more agile, flexible business.
Key examples of such technology include the use of XeroxTM ConnectKey apps embedded on your MFDs. Such an extended library of business apps, with the option to have customised routines too, transforms the office printer into a digital workplace assistant.
Moving up a tier, one discovers XeroxTM Intelligent Workplace Services, which uses comprehensive security, analytics, digitisation and cloud technologies and software to deliver a more seamless work experience across paper and digital platforms.
Finally, one will consider Robotic Process Automation (RPA), which automates repetitive manual process.
Benefits at a Glance
- Simplifying the storing, converting, sending, or otherwise processing documents, you can eliminate the multi-touch actions which harm staff productivity;
- Protect your organisation by preventing and detecting misuse of your company data;
- Cloud-based connector apps simplify the creation of highly efficient workflows by connecting your ConnectKey® Technology- enabled printers to your cloud storage app of choice;
- Integrated print management builds a better workplace, by incorporating comprehensive security, analytics, digitization and cloud technologies and software to deliver a more seamless work experience across paper and digital platforms.
- Integrating document management and workflow, enhances the transition from cumbersome paper-based processes, while creating a truly modern ‘work from anywhere’ digital environment;
- Ensure rigid regulatory compliance, whether for the Data Protection Act, SRA, HMRC, FCA and more.
EXPLORE SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Here you can explore our comprehensive range of technology solutions and services. Just remember, you don’t have to go it alone! Why not call us, or use the contact form, and schedule a 1:1 meeting online or at your offices? We’re always ready to invest our time to help you discover the most appropriate and cost effective approach. There’s no charge for you to gain from our experience, and you’ll fast discover why Advanced UK is trusted by organisations covering the length and breadth of the United Kingdom.
Save time and call us directly on 01895 811811. Our friendly team will be happy to answer any questions you have, or offer free guidance on the best solution for your business.
Trusted Xerox Platinum Partner
Advanced UK is one of four trusted Xerox Platinum Partners and established for over a quarter of a century (since 1991). We pride ourselves with focusing on reliable customer service, entwined with the ability to identify and deliver the best managed-print service, production printing and digital transformation solutions for our clients’ every need. We also work in collaboration with leading technology and software providers to further enhance our value proposition and operate with a vendor-neutral approach.
1. Do you offer lease / finance options?
A. Yes, we have a range of leasing companies with whom we work closely, including Xerox Finance, who offer preferential rates.
2. Can you supply and support across the United Kingdom?
A. We have corporate clients with hundreds of sites across the United Kingdom, ranging from Devon in the South to Aberdeen in the North. These clients rely on Advanced UK to complete the delivery, configuration, training, and support for their solutions.
3. I’m interested in one of the products / services advertised on your website. What are the next steps?
A. Our teams of product specialists are at your service. Why not request an introductory meeting, online or in person? We work to your schedule.
4. I need help finding the right solution for my business, how can Advanced UK help?
A. We’d like to understand your goals, and then we’ll assemble the right team to find the best solution. There’s no charge for our advice.
1. Do you have a showroom?
A. Yes, our showroom is truly state of the art, and is located near our Uxbridge headquarters. Here you can see the full range of our print and business solutions in a corporate environment.
2. Who are you, and how long has Advanced UK been in business?
A. We’re in our thirtieth year! Our full business name is Advanced Business Equipment Limited.
3. What is your corporate approach to data protection?
A. We were early adopters of the GDPR, and we invested heavily in making our IT systems robust, and in having a qualified third party audit our entire privacy strategy.
4. I see you offer services for ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials compliance. Please explain your credentials.
A. Advanced UK has a partnership with one of Europe’s largest accreditation firms. Working with them closely, we guide our clients through the entire process, using their own certified experts for the delivery of the certifications.
5. What qualifications do your consultants maintain?
A. Among our consultants, we have specialists accredited to many standards, including COBIT, PRINCE2, ITIL, as well as qualifications in Business Continuity.